Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Prolouge of an Unnamed Collab. Blogland Story!!

That's right, I made a new thingamabob! Nix and Eve and Lynxia have all seen the draft, but this is the extended, proper version. Read! Reeead!
----













~ PROLOUGE ~

GAS

Darkness slowly seeped through the tiny gap under the steel chamber door and spread through the small cell like a gas. Toxic and deadly. This was Fyxli, the new Necromancy technique Vyrin had recently created through experimenting. It would kill within seconds of inhaling.
“Oh...” Nixion muttered, backing away from the darkness and backing up against the steel wall behind. “Oh…that isn't good…”
"Way to point out the obvious." Ivy snarled at him, also backing up as the rest of us followed suit.
“That can’t be good at all…” Nixion continued as if Ivy hadn’t said anything at all.
“Nixion, shut up.” Ivy said ferociously, her glare hardening as the gas drifted closer.
Nixion stopped talking.
I can still hear you!” she roared after a short silence. Ivy was ignored by everyone else and I vaguely heard someone pounding a fist against the steel wall. Probably Flame.
My heart pounded as my head begun to spin. Surely this couldn't be how everything would end for us. After everything we had been through, all the good times, all the laughs. Even after all the hard work we had done on this case, all the fighting, all the sacrificing, pulling through after losing Ink and Hope. Even escaping the cell and dying at the hands of Nagier and Crucify would be better than this, would suffice, would be less humiliating. Would at least leave us a fighting chance, however slim. It was an impossibility, to think that my sheer stupidity had led us all to our deaths in this stupid, cramped cell, powerless to Vyrin and her new cronies, Nagier and Crucify.
Sparky, Flame, Nixion, Ivy, Lynxia, Lorelei, Eve. They were all here. They had all decided to take my word, trust that I knew what I was doing when it came to understanding Nagier’s actions.
An awful guilt filled my throat and threatened to bring tears to my eyes as the darkness flittered closer threateningly. So this was how Vyrin wanted us to spend our final moments; in fear of a Necromancy technique she had invented, powerless to do anything because to resist would mean to stop breathing. She wanted to spend out last moments in humiliation and for me to feel the full force of what I have done; I have basically killed all of my friends in one stupid, arrogant act.
Everything would be alright, I tried to tell myself. Everything is always alright. We’ve been in worse situations before and ended up fine
But I knew that there would be no coming out this time.
The guilt rose within.
The fear mounted inside.
The horror set in.
And Nixion fell to the ground with a loud thud, his heart no longer beating…

6 comments:

  1. my heat needs to keep beating!
    It's like a drum, how will the rest of you keep your song up without a beat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, I left the gas masks in the treehouse...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it!



    But there IS something about Ivy not many people know, and it hasn't been revealed in tmy story yet...


    She doesn't breathe because she's technically already dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Nagier is the one who's dead!

      Eh. This is only the Prologue and it's going to skip back to the start of the book anyway so I might end up changing it.

      Delete
  4. tsk.
    Typical you. Go and get us all killed.
    Remind me to never listen to you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw I think you meant her glare hardening rather than he glare hardening

    Just another piece of editing advice from the Super Coach.

    ReplyDelete