Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Where To Start...

It would be a good idea to start at the beginning, I suppose.

So. First and foremost, I'll get the large one out of the way. The Battle for Blogland is going on hiatus. As are the rest of my stories that go here, even though I only have a few active ones anyway. This is due to a few things. One of these being that I am now back at school, and I can literally feel the tidal wave of homework and assignments and projects waiting to come crashing down.
Another is the Hunger Games Competition. While this isn't a large factor as of yet, things will begin to speed up soon, I imagine, and a lot of thinking still has to be put into some of the later tasks that I'll need to be running.
The third major factor contributing to this hiatus is the Skulduggery Pleasant Forums which I have returned to thanks to Nixion. This, as well as the other Dragonball Z Forums I have recently been considering becoming active on again.
Next, I've been doing a lot of work with both Photoshop and After Effects of late for clients (when I say clients, I really just mean people who can't do it themselves...) and for myself. On top of that, I've also been spending a lot of time researching tutorials and teaching myself to improve my skills in both programs.
And the last thing is that I have a goal to complete one of my actual non-fanfiction novels before the end of June. That story will not be posted here.

Next... I don't really have much else to say to be honest.

Well, that looks like it's the end of this post. Writing is going on hiatus. However, I will say this - you can expect the next Battle for Blogland chapter to be up at some point before I actually return to properly writing. I'm already in the process of typing it out and even though I'm stuck, now that I've made some sort of announcement about it I expect to be able to write it easier and quicker. The rest of it will have to wait though.

9 comments:

  1. Okay!

    I have no idea if I should even get After Effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After Effects is a good program for people who know how to use it.

      My recommendation would be to look up a few basic tutorials, then download the Trial version from Adobe and see what you can do with it. If it works, great, but be prepared for confusion and a lot of experimenting.

      It takes time to learn and time to use properly.

      Delete
  2. Good on you, Zath! I myself have been lately improving my skills on Corel lately, working on projects for a few "clients" (...yeah, you nailed it....).

    This blog's background ain't too shabby. :P It is actually very nicely done.

    Work hard on that novel! I want it no sooner than July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the novel and school, Mist!

    I don't mind waiting for BfB, just to let you know. It's definitely worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh- and I like how you changed the way your title looks! Not sure how long it's been like that though... Just noticed it now.

      Delete
  4. Mrakjhbvnainrfm- But I wanna read Battle For Blogland!


    *sobs in a corner, because that's pretty much the only active story I stalk*


    Please write soon! PLEEEEEEEEEASE! Reading those are the only things that make me write too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to Google hiatus
    And I feel slightly guilty about the whole forums thing now

    ReplyDelete